Due to circumstances beyond the control of both John Deere and R.Hunt Ltd, it has become necessary to apply a critical update to the software on your receiver, that will change the default correction signal frequency. Failure to do this will result in the complete loss of:
- Section Control/Swath Control,
- Yield Mapping and Variable Rate.
Why are StarFire network frequencies being changed?
Frequency bands near those used for StarFire differential correction signals continue to be developed by other agencies and industries. The upcoming frequency change will ensure StarFire differential corrections are broadcast as far away from nearby frequencies as possible. This will minimize the potential for interference between nearby signals and those used by StarFire.
What changes are required for StarFire Receivers?
The method for changing these frequencies varies depending on the model of StarFire Receiver being used, therefore please contact us to arrange this update.
- We will invoice £50.00 per receiver updated at our depots, and more than two at a time will attract a discount.
- All receivers supplied by R.Hunt Ltd in the last 12 months will be updated FOC.
- All existing AMS Support Package customers will receive this update FOC
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact your AMS Specialist.
R.Hunt (Agricultural Engineers) Ltd